First Review for Built on Bones!

So, I spent this week doing a lot of things. One of my favorites was freaking about my photoshopped proximity to lifetime hero author Neil ...

Wednesday, 10 November 2010

Well, here we go...

This little narrative journey comes after  quite a bit of thinking about blogs, archaeology, and the professional repercussions (and benefits!) of diving headlong into new media.  The first question I had, of course is 'why'-- why throw yourself out there? What should you talk about?  And does anyone even listen?  Slowly, I've seen a couple different answers emerge. A lot of my time is spent flicking through other people's interweb offerings -- colleagues, friends, and even organizations are now all  multimedia presences in my life. I've been looking at the excellent Middle Savegery for a while, as well as more targeted single-project blogs and websites like L-P Archaeology's Prescott Street dig site and the Thames Discovery site.  For me personally, the 'blog' format offers a chance for unfinished ideas to live a little,  and a chance for the little projects that crop up from time to get their time in the sun. This blog is for the bits of my archaeological life that need a little bit of air...

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to blogging! I shall follow feeds and link from my (ahem) effort accordingly.

    ReplyDelete

Trivia (personal)

archaeologist. dental anthropologist. yes, that's a real thing. Author of Built on Bones, available in February 2017 (UK), May 2017 (USA) from Bloomsbury.

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *